Curious about what it’s like to work at the world’s number 1 discovery platform as a Software Engineer in the Infrastructure Engineering R&D group? We’re glad you asked!
Taboola, the world’s largest content recommendation platform, is hiring an expert software developer for a Software Engineer position in the Infrastructure Engineering R&D group.
What are some of the things you do on a day-to-day basis?
- Develop one of the largest real time high scale operation in the world to support over 1.4B users, >500,000 requests / second, 100TB of new data every day
- Have end to end ownership: Design, develop, deploy, measure and maintain our services
- Solve production issues in the framework code
- Collaborate with the brightest software engineers team members
- Influence directly on the way billions of people discover the internet
Here are some of the things software devs in our group did in the last several months:
- Rewrote part of our recommendation servers to reduce serving time p999 by >40%
- Rolled out custom Cassandra compaction strategy
- Created and improved Taboola’s Kafka consumer designed for very high scale
- Developed a brand new Taboola metrics pipeline, ingesting over 100B metric messages per day
- Anomaly detection engine for application metrics
- Rolled out a new custom home-built Taboola authentication service
- Many more things…
Our Tech Stack:
Java, Spark, Kafka, Hadoop, Cassandra, Vertica, MySQL, HDFS, BigQuery, Docker, Linux, Kubernetes, Prometheus, Metrictank, Grafana, Airflow, Redis
You will work with:
- The people who wrote the first lines of code in Taboola (and many many more lines after that)
- The proud owner of a beer brewery
- People who are deeply familiar with the code of Kafka, Cassandra, AirFlow, Prometheus and Spark (including committing back)
- Famous internal Taboola hackathon winners
- The designers and implementers of a offheap, zero GC, Custom Kafka Producer which cumulatively sends ~100B messages / day
What are the skills a good Software Engineer needs to have?
- Experience developing large scale distributed systems
- Deep understanding of strong Computer Science fundamentals: object-oriented design, data structures systems, applications programming and multi threading programming
- 3+ years programming experience in Java or equivalent Object-Oriented language
- Production systems understanding
- Experience with SQL and No-SQL
- Highly Proficient in Linux environment
- Proven ability to work effectively across multiple teams
- BS.c in computer science or equivalent experience
It would be great if you also have:
- Experience in Big Data tools
- Knowledge in algorithms, data-mining and machine learning
- If you ask our employees what they love about Taboola, they will tell you that here they are able to discover their best professional self, explore where they can grow, and learn from and together with smart and talented people.
- We work with some of the biggest names in the business. Our clients include Business Insider, NBC, Wells Fargo, Adidas, and more.
Sounds good, how do I apply?
It’s easy, submit your CV by clicking the “Apply” button below.
Taboola is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity in all forms. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and believe such an environment is critical for success. Employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.